Advice for the one time renter
There's an important occasion coming up, like Christmas or a family event or a weekend where you need to move a whole lot of things. Then the most common thing that may run across your mind right at that moment is:
- How am I going to do it?
- My car definitely isn't big enough for this.
- Should I ask a friend or family?
- Should I plan differently?
- Let me drop the idea altogether.
While these thoughts are completely natural, we say that you may be over-reacting. Our experts at Van Rental Dublin strongly believe that a moving solution whether it’s short term or long term over any distance is possible and can be simplified, if you:
- Plan ahead
- Take your time
- Take all details into account
- Keep an open mind
Set aside the stress and let our experts at Van Rental Dublin share the steps to plan your one-time moving needs.
When the need for a van arises
- Make a list of items you may need.
- Split the list between perishable and non-perishable items.
- Note the items that could be packed ahead of time.
- Note the items that will be only available at the last moment or on the day.
- Group items that could be packed together.
- Make a rough estimate of the containers required.
Once the date has been finalised
- Look for container rentals, if needed,and pack ahead if possible.
- Look for a van that fulfils your need.
- Pre-order items that need to be collected on the day of the movement.
- Plan your pick up route
- If possible, create a timeline for pickups and inform the source of the possible time of pick up.
- Plan an early start.
On the day
- Start loading the packed goods.
- For softer items that could get easily squished, ensure that they are at the top.
- Pack things like a picnic table and chairs along the sides so they do not take much space.
- Call the stores ahead, before you start your pick up.
- Try to keep your schedule, but don’t get too worked up if some changes need to be made.
- Once all the pick-up is done, drive safely, as you may feel that the weight of the van may be a bit more than what you are used to.
- Adjust your speed as you need to get used to side view mirror.
- It’s always better to have someone to drive with you, in case you need to switch.
- At stop overs, park as per guidelines and check whether the van is good to go for the rest of journey.
- Once you reach the destination, unload your items and cross your checklist.
- And the last and most important thing is – ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE
Still having doubts? Well leave the worries to our experts and let us guide you. Call and connect to our experts at Van Rental Dublin today.