Renting a Van to Move House
While getting a new house, or moving to a new neighbourhood is often a very positive change in someone's life, it can also add a lot of stress. You need to find a new place, and then there is the paperwork. But most of the time stress is all about moving. You panic thinking…how will I manage this alone? How will I manage all the boxes? What if something breaks? Packing and unpacking an entire household can cause all sorts of stress. And we understand that well.
So while you may be still deciding on who to choose as your moving partner and we certainly hope it’s us. But that’s the second important thing. Because we believe the most important part of moving is planning ahead and so let us help you plan well.
Our experts at Van Rental Dublin have come up with a set of thumb rules that could simplify what could otherwise be an ordeal –
- Handle movement as an opportunity to sort and organise your household rather than a potential chaos ready to happen.
- Understand that movement is not a one-step job and needs to be managed as separate levels.
A month prior
- Visit the post office to arrange mail forwarding.
- Arrange a van rental at vanrentaldublin.com
- File and manage all important documents.
- Assign numbers to all boxes and if possible have boxes filled as categorically as possible like books, kitchen, curtains and cushions, Tim’s room, Sarah’s toy’s, etc.
- If you have time, start packing ahead of time, especially things that may be fragile or need your full attention.
- Inform your change of address to insurance, banks or anyone who corresponds to you at your residential address.
One Week Prior
- Inform your utility companies about your new address so the transfer of service can be organised.
- Get your family and friends to help you.
- Use up frozen and/or foods that won’t travel well.
- Start packing so that moving day does not turn into ANOTHER packing day.
- Pack one room at a time. This way all things that belong together will be packed together.
- Load van and start moving as early as possible. This way you will have a hassle free experience.
- Check boxes by numbers at both times i.e. during moving out and moving in.
- Move the boxes directly to the room they are meant for.
- Get the heavier things like sofa, duvet, bed, piano placed in the rooms they are meant for.
- Ensure everything has arrived.
- Double check your old house is empty and ready for the new people to move into.
While the tips mentioned above are found all over the internet, we just didn’t want you to run pillar and post, neither for suggestions nor for solutions. Still having doubts? Contact our experts and let us help you out.